Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pictorial Evidence

I know that The Hubby is in Iraq and he's been there for a month and a half. I know this. And yet it's so strange to see pictures of him surrounded by sand while carrying a loaded weapon with all of his gear on. It sure is nice to see him flashing that wonderful smile of his though.





The Hubby and I put together his body armor at home and it was so complicated that we had to watch the DVD instructional video that came with it. There are plates, loops, straps, velcro adhesives, buckles, wires, etc. that all come together to form one heavy vest. I could barely stand when I put it on, and I can't even imagine what it would be like to wear it for an entire day in the hot desert heat while carrying a rifle that is incredibly heavy, too.

Now add extra ammo, water, radios, and other equipment to the mix. Then run around, crouch down to the floor, and get back up a few times. I'm sure The Hubby will have permanent spine damage by the end of his career.

Major props to all the female soldiers who have to carry as much gear as the men do.

No comments:

Post a Comment