Saturday, March 19, 2011

Dear _____,

Dear God, Higher Being, Obama, Congress, or whomever has the most control over this situation,

Please don't let America get into yet another conflict with no end in sight. The circumstances in Libya make me nervous. And I am a selfish woman. I'll be the first to admit it.

My husband does not need another war to fight. Families do not need to be apart for a year at a time for the third time in five years. Fathers do not need to miss any more births of their children. Parents do not need to bury any more sons or daughters. Wives do not need to carry their cell phones into the bathroom any longer.

The Hubby is planning on staying in the Army for another nineteen years. Any chance that this will be his first and last deployment? Because I don't know if I can go through this again.

Sincerely,
Waiting Minzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment