Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bitches

Women are bitches. We are catty and have jealousy issues and revert back to our high school days quickly and easily. And it all gets worse when we're bored. Military wives, who are not in the right state of mind, often turn on each other in an effort to make themselves feel better.

Like I mentioned before in my first post, we are judged when we talk about how much we miss our deployed husbands because it is a sign of weakness. You always piss somebody off because someone always has it worse than you do. But why do other people have the right to gauge another person's problems?

It's like we always have to one-up the other person.

"Oh, you haven't spoken to him in a week? Try three weeks!"
"Oh, you have to deal with him being gone? Try dealing with him being gone and raising six kids on your own!"

Who the fuck cares?! It reminds me of what pet owners do in the waiting room of a veterinary office. As if a person is a better owner if he or she spends more money or makes more sacrifices.

"We spent $10,000 on Bella to fix her legs."
"Well, instead of fixing my ingrown toenail, I paid for my cat's meds."
True story.

I came across this video on Facebook, and it is describes perfectly about the world that I live in. It's a little long, but fast forward to 2:51 to get what I'm talking about.


I, unfortunately, have encountered some wives like those he talks about in the video. They weren't speaking of me, but of some other wives behind their backs and I just sat there completely baffled by what I was hearing. 

A wife is allowed to miss her husband. She is allowed to wonder when he will call again. She can speak about her hardships, and she should have support from every single one of us.

And I'm not saying that I don't roll my eyes when I see all of the daily Facebook statuses that say how much someone misses or loves their spouse. Okay, I get it. Yeah, I'm a bitch, too. 

But my eyes rolling has nothing to do with me thinking that they're weak or anything. It's just really boring and I don't need to be reminded that I feel the exact same way. Personal preference, you know? 

However, I will never be one of the wives who poke fun at others or judge another couple's marriage. 

"If you can't get through a week without talking to your husband, how are you going to be strong enough to survive a year?" Yes, women say things like that, and it's total and complete bullshit.

Facebook makes life ten times more complicated...

Lesson from this post:
Source: ffffound.com via Min on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment