Thursday, April 21, 2011

On Like Donkey Kong

source
I finally have the nerves to attend another Officer Wives' Coffee. The first one I went to was extremely awkward and I ended up kind of standing quietly to the side with my arms crossed and waiting to see who would leave first so that I could be the next one to go.

Everyone already knew each other and I'm not the kind of person who will just go up to a stranger and introduce myself. I ended up talking to the ONLY other Asian person there, and she barely spoke English so that didn't work out very well.

I'm not good with large groups of people, especially when they all already have cliques and I don't really belong in any of them. But I'm trying to get myself to be more social. I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of surprised looks when I walk into the coffee tonight since I've skipped every single one since July.

Here's to me breaking through! It's on like Donkey Kong!

No comments:

Post a Comment